Now I'm doing that awful thing where I show you something really nifty, and then you get all wanty. You'll be definitely be all wanty after this... I'd say sorry, but I'm really hoping you guys buy it up because it's the kind of fabric that I'd love to see all over the internet. It's a quirky novelty collection that makes me smile.
Type is Julia Rothman's debut collection. This little mini collection contains just six designs with a total of seven prints in playful colors. It takes me back to junior high classroom. It's a small little collection, so there's no guilt in buying it all.
Type has an office theme with pencils, paperclips, reading glasses, clipboards and typewriters. My little charm pack had duplicates of each print which showed the fabrics' versatility. The feature fabrics have a lot of potential for variety and interesting cuts. I decided to use a few charms today in a fabric play session.
Type has an office theme with pencils, paperclips, reading glasses, clipboards and typewriters. My little charm pack had duplicates of each print which showed the fabrics' versatility. The feature fabrics have a lot of potential for variety and interesting cuts. I decided to use a few charms today in a fabric play session.
It's one of those rare days that I know I've stumbled onto something good, and I don't have to wait for validation. I think it would make a great quilt, cushion or totebag. Christmas gifts for an office assistant or teacher, anyone? The reading glasses print is, of course, ideal as a glasses case. As a collection, it would also make for great notebook covers or a somewhat cheeky, anachronistic iPad or tablet case.
Type comes out in November and should be available at most shops that stock Windham Fabrics. Go ahead and put a little on your wishlist. I hope we get to see more collections from Julia Rothman. Don't you?
OMG! That is cute! Love the colours and the motifs! I want some!
ReplyDeleteYes that did it! I'm all wanty now!
ReplyDeleteI'm all wanty too ~ love the fabric ~ Julia's got some brilliant designs!
ReplyDeleteOh Amy, I desperately want a copy of your Moxie Doxie pattern and I can't get it to download for me. You see, Doxies are my forever furbabies, have two now, have two across the Rainbow Bridge. Please, can you help me? *sigh*
ReplyDeleteOh oh oh, disregard!! :) I got it. Thank you boogobs for sharing this adorable little doxie with us. :)
ReplyDeleteThat IS adorable! And yes, I am all wanty now.
ReplyDeleteWANTY!
ReplyDeleteOoh, you're so lucky to have some of this. I want it right now! I love it. Those typewrite keys are to die for. So are those typewriters.
ReplyDeleteLove this little collection. Thanks for giving us a heads up.
ReplyDeleteLove it! I really want to make a cover for my typewriter with some of the typewriter print!
ReplyDeleteWell I think I found the material to make my iPad case! Wanteeeeeeee!
ReplyDeleteYour block is incredible. I love the way you mixed in and around the solids in the "hourglass" blocks. Great eye for color, as always!
ReplyDelete