Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Amy bounces.

Is is October already?!  October is always turns out to be my busiest month. We rolled into Sydney airpost last night with our bags missing, but huge smiles on our faces. The videos will show you why.  (tip: if you can't see the embedded videos, they are also on my flickr stream)



We went to Melbourne for the long holiday weekend and rocked up to BounceInc in Malvern. BounceInc is Australia's first indoor trampoline park and it's crazy fun. I saw a spot about BounceInc on TheProject whiparound about a month ago. I said, 'Craig - when we go to Melbourne, we are going there.'  Planets aligned and we found ourselves with a plane ticket. In a crazy coincidence, we met one of the owners a few weeks ago at housewarming party in Sydney.  After chatting about it for a while, we popped online and made our booking. (If you are thinking of going, you'll definitely want to make a booking. It fills up fast and you wouldn't want to be disappointed! Early in the day is apparently best.)

The park has four major areas of play. There is a free jump area with floor and wall trampolines that you get to randomly bounce around in. We started there as a warm up. On weekdays, they pull a net to separate out a section for junior jumpers (under 110cm) to keep them safe from crazy bouncing kids and adults. That makes it fun for everyone. They also have two separate trampoline dodgeball areas, one of which can be booked out for parties. I hear they are trying to start a dodgeball league too.

There's a tramp running tracks which leads to giant foam pits that can be enjoyed by all jumpers (big and small).  We spent most of our time though in the performance trampoline section which is height restricted. You get more bounce and it gave us space to try tricks. I hadn't been on a trampoline in over a decade... probably longer. Craig reckons it has been 20 years for him at least. Not bad for a 38 and 39 year olds!?

For the non-jumpers, there is an elevated viewing area with cafe that lets you see most of the park. You cna watch from their or come down to the ground area to take photos and video of the day.

We really enjoyed out time there. An hour was more than enough for us and it only cost us $33 for both of us and our bounce socks. If you're into adventure and are in Melbourne, I'd suggest you jump on over to BounceInc. Have a peak at the zaniness that we got up to. Cirque du Soleil will undoubtedly come calling...







Speaking of adventure, we arrived home last night to email from VisitCanberra!  I'm so happy that we've been selected among 500 humans to be part of the Canberra human brochure. At the end of October, I'll hop down to our nations capital to see what sort of adventure it offers. It might be hot air ballooning. It might be mountain biking. It's sure to be fun. Definitely check back between October 26-28th to see what the crazy big kids get up to.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh AWESOME!! We just had a week in Melbourne last week - (I'm about to comment on your Amitie post too!!) - I hadn't heard about this place. My kids would have LOVED.IT.!! I would even have had a go, I'm 42 and I reckon I haven't been on a trampoline since I was a teenager. I am noting this one down for next time. My skills are more Craig's than yours though - your flips were amazing!! I would love love love to try that bounce where you land on your butt, then flip around and land on your butt looking the other way, and keep going til you have to stop. Awesome, thanks, Cat.

    ReplyDelete

You are a rockstar! Thanks so much for your comments!