Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Down Under Doll Quilt Swap

DUDQS Received! by badskirt - amy
DUDQS Received!, a photo by badskirt - amy on Flickr.
Look what showed up for me! I love it so much, but had to wait to post it until other swapper's parcels started arriving. It took tons of willpower to wait.  This little mini is for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap. Leslie of Maze and Vale used her own gorgeous handprinted fabrics to make this AMH inspired feather. Isn't it, great? How awesome does her Verses print looks as binding? Simply genius.You'll find it and her other prints in her Etsy shop. My "wishlist" for the swap included feathers. She nailed it! Thank you so much, Leslie!

Look she even sent me extras. I'm a very lucky girl!

DUDQS extras!

My own mini quilt for the swap was also sent out right on schedule. I tried several quilting patterns before resorting back to stitch-in-the-ditch and letting the prints speak for themselves. Hopefully my partner will be happy! It should arrive at its new home soon.

DUDQS Sent

4 comments:

  1. I love the feather quilt! and your mini quilt is fabulous! I'm sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That feather quilt is lovely and so is the butterfly! Really inspired to make both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see your finished butterfly quilt. I'm not a huge fan of that particular block (I've made it for a few bees), but I really do like your version on black and with the text light-colored bodies. Great eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit for the version that I made goes to Kumiko Fujita, I was inspired by quilts and projects she's made using the black with white strip palette. I get no credit for that cleverness!

      Delete

You are a rockstar! Thanks so much for your comments!