This little number was rushed. I pushed it out in an hour or so. It was necessary. It was an emergency. =/
My last handbag got quite a bit of chatter everywhere it went. The Melody Miller typewriter turned heads. After nine months use, it was looking a little warn.
On Sunday morning, I mentioned to Craig that I'd need to make a new one next month. Then we went to lunch.
Unlike America, sushi is an everyday food here in Australia. I hadn't imaged fast-food sushi when I lived in the states. That's what we have here. Sushi shops with conveyor belt trains. Little platters of salmon and uni make the rounds. It's something enjoyed by the whole family from the tiniest tot to great great grandma.
Like most weekends, we plopped down in front of a train. I grabbed a plate of maki rolls and was ready to dive in. I noticed lots of kids around us eating. I commented to Craig about how awesome it is that young kids like the fresh food. Craig nodded in agreement. I grabbed an avocado roll.
And then it happened...
The cute little boy next to us had to cough. Maybe it would be better classified as a coughing fit. Tiny little pieces of prechewed salmon and spit in projectile motion right at me.
My handbag took the brunt of it. If you're wondering, premasticated salmon and fabric handbags don't mix. I've changed my mind about tinies at the sushi train.
I needed a bag quickly. She's a bit wonky, but it was an emergency.
Pages
▼
Oh Amy, that's a very sad story! It makes me feel a little sheepish as a child of mine was once involved in the demise of another handbag. One that belonged to a complete stranger in a cafe. Unfortunately it wasn't sushi. It was vomit. I apologized until I was blue in the face from lack of oxygen and embarrassment, but somehow I don't think I was forgiven......
ReplyDeleteYucky story... that would make me rethink the great idea of children and running sushi as well :) But that being said I really love your bag. Very stylish and yet with a sense of humor (gotta love the reindeer with glasses. If it's really wonky I don't see it.
ReplyDeleteGreat bag. The kid spewing on your bag must have been fates way of telling you to replace it. Although I did have visions of you holding the bag up to your face as some kind of shield
ReplyDeleteOh, dear. That first comment reveals that it could indeed be even worse. Sorry to hear about your bag, but your emergency came up roses.
ReplyDeleteThe bag looks great! Did you use ribbon for the handle loops? Too bad about the gross splatter your last bag got, but now you have a fresh new one.
ReplyDeleteLove the bag and the story (tho so sorry to hear about your bag). The trials and tribulations (and happy ones too) of having a child unfortunately include incidents like those described.
ReplyDeleteYour new bag is lovely!
Oh god, that's gross. I'm glad you made the most of a terrible, terrible situation though!
ReplyDelete